The Winemaker Behind the Wine - Terre des Dames
Located in the stunning Languedoc region in France, Terre des Dames is owned and run by Lidewij Van Wilgen. She is originally from Amsterdam but the Languedoc has been her home since starting Terre de Dames 18 years ago.
Lidewij says “When I came here in 2002, I was touched, overwhelmed almost, to suddenly have the responsibility for so much land. Now I know that each plot has its own personality, its own strengths and weaknesses. It has become, for me, the most engaging place in the world.”
Everything at Terre de Dames is small and precise - small plots, small production, small team and harvested by hand - resulting in concentrated, pure wines.
We are so proud to include Terre de Dames in our range of premium French wines.
The range includes red, white and rosé wines.La Dame
- Made from Grenache, Carignan, Syrah
- Flavours of crunchy, juicy red fruit with smooth tannins
- Made from Syrah, Grenache, Alicante
- Flavours of ripe cherries, blackberries & blueberries
- Made from Syrah
- Flavours of complex red and black fruits with subtle pepper
- Made from Mourvèdre, Grenache, Syrah
- Flavours that are elegant with cherries & fresh spices
- Made from Grenache Blanc
- Flavours of ripe green pears and zesty citrus
Want to try Lidewij’s wines? Shop our online store!
To find out more about Terre des Dames and Lidewij Van Wilgen head to their website.